The GOP field of candidates for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination just got a little more crowded Thursday evening during that night’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Fox News.
No, Carlson himself didn’t announce he was running for president, but one of his guests did exactly that.
Conservative radio host and former Republican candidate during the 2021 California recall election Larry Elder, who the Los Angeles Times once coined “the Black face of white supremacy,” told Carlson that he will be throwing his hat into the ring for the Republican primary leading up to the 2024 presidential election.
“I am announcing that I’m running for the presidency of the United States on your program,” Elder said. “And, thank you so much for giving me this honor and this platform.”
After Elder promoted the website for his presidential campaign, he gave his reasoning for the decision to challenge for the highest office in the U.S.
And Tucker, the reason I’m doing this is because, you know, my father was a World War II vet. He served on the island of Guam. He was a Marine, first black Marines. They were called Montford Point Marines. My late, older brother Kirk was in the Navy during the Vietnam era, and my little brother Dennis actually served in Vietnam in the Army. I’m the only one that didn’t serve, and I don’t feel good about that. I feel I have a moral, a religious and a patriotic duty to give back to a country that’s been so good to my family and to me. And that is why I’m doing this, Tucker.
There are many ways someone can give back to their society, wherever it might be. It looks as though Elder found his way.
Here are the other Republican candidates that have officially declared are as follows (Alphabetical order):
- John Anthony Castro, tax consultant
- Nikki Haley, Former Ambassador to the United Nations & former Governor of South Carolina
- Asa Hutchinson, Former Governor of Arkansas & former Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Border Transportation Secretary
- Perry Johnson, Businessman
- Steve Laffey, Businessman & Former Mayor of Cranston, Rhode Island
- Vivek Ramaswamy, Executive Chairman of Strive Asset Management & former CEO of Roivant Sciences
- Corey Stapleton, Former Montana Secretary of State
- Donald Trump, Businessman & former President of the United States
For video of Elder’s announcement, watch below:
Follow Us On Twitter
Explosive testimony details how the Biden camp influenced intel officials in order to provide misinformation on the Hunter Biden laptop story. pic.twitter.com/26ZJsmKf0M— MRCTV (@mrctv) April 21, 2023