A Texas sheriff says he’s opening an investigation into Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ decision to fly two planeloads of illegal aliens onto the upscale Massachusetts island of Martha’s Vineyard.
Javier Salazar, the sheriff of San Antonio's Bexar County, says his office is working with attorneys and local immigration advocacy groups to probe into how the group of migrants were allegedly “lured” from a migrant resource center in Bexar County to Florida before being flown to Martha’s Vineyard, supposedly under the "false pretense" that they’d be given aid once they got there.
Salazar added he’s “preparing to work with any federal agencies that have concurrent jurisdiction, should the need arise.”
BREAKING: Bexar County, Texas Sheriff announces criminal investigation into Fla. Gov. DeSantis’ migrant flight to Martha’s Vineyard pic.twitter.com/JEeYjrcjtM— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) September 19, 2022
Roughly 50 migrants spent a grand total of 44 hours in Martha’s Vineyard, one of the wealthiest communities in the United States and home to former President Barack Obama, after being flown in from Florida on two chartered jets. The “influx” sparked an immediate freak-out among the local left-leaning residents, who immediately began complaining about strained resources and a housing crisis as reasons why the migrants couldn’t stay.
In less than two days, the group of illegal aliens had been shipped off to a neighboring military base, safely away from the manicured lawns of the swanky beachfront resort town.
According to leftists, flying border-crossers into one of the most upscale neighborhoods in the entire country is tantamount to locking them in an internment camp.
As for DeSantis, a spokesperson for the Florida governor’s office had some strong words for Salazar and his “investigation,” blasting back: "Immigrants have been more than willing to leave Bexar County after being abandoned, homeless, and 'left to fend for themselves.' Florida gave them an opportunity to seek greener pastures in a sanctuary jurisdiction that offered greater resources for them, as we expected.
“Unless the MA national guard has abandoned these individuals, they have been provided accommodations, sustenance, clothing and more options to succeed following their unfair enticement into the United States, unlike the 53 immigrants who died in a truck found abandoned in Bexar County this June,” the statement continued.